1. See the glass flowers and gems at the Harvard Museum of Natural History.
Had a great visit with Chris and Michaela when she was home for the holidays. Nothing like seeing a millennium of the earth's work to have some faith in the future.
2. See the shoe show at the Peabody Essex Museum until March 12. Who would have thought there could be so much variety? Stop by the gift shop and say hi from me! I always buy something for myself. From a wonderful shirt, to some awesome local chocolate or a cool book.
4. Country Desserts celebrating 20 years on Lexington Street! Go for the chocolate chocolate cupcakes, almond raspberry muffins, and the fruit turnovers. Say hi to Nancy for me.
Who says chocolate isn't a breakfast food?
5. Start a new knitting project and get together with your friends to knit and kvetch (or as we do, knit and eat homemade cookies). My favorite local place is Elissa's Creative Warehouse.
I’ve known and worked with Elissa for over 25 years (gulp!). Now, to finish my sweater that I've been working on for the past 2(?!!) years. She will help do it all!
7. Yoga with Jill Braverman - I take Jill's class regularly, and have to say, I walk out in a totally different space than how I arrive. You can subscribe to her blog, she sends out guided meditations, and other great advice and information.
Please share your antidotes to my Facebook page. We all need it now more than ever.
If you’re still looking for a way to cozy up through the rest of the winter...
I’ve added new chenille scarves in lots of colors to my Etsy shop! They're 15% off with the coupon code FEBRUARYBLUES until February 14th and I will donate $20 for each purchase to the ACLU or the SPLC.
Very soft and perfect for cold weather.
As always, all Etsy purchases can be sent in a gift bag with a note, anywhere in the country.